Get your class involved and name one of Colin Glen’s two new attractions!
Colin Glen is calling on local schools to name Ireland’s first Alpine Coaster and the two Ziplines, including Ireland’s longest Zipline, ahead of their launch in June 2021 (subject to government restrictions). Our latest attractions are situated at the top of our 200-acre forest park with mind-blowing views of Belfast City and beyond.
Who can get involved?
The nationwide competition, #ColinAllCreatives, challenges primary school children (P4 to P7) to name Ireland’s FIRST Alpine Coaster with secondary school students (Years 8 to 10) set to tackle the new names for the TWO DUAL Ziplines, including Ireland’s LONGEST Zipline!
Competition Winners will WIN a visit to our new attractions as a class (COVID 19 restrictions permitted) and bragging rights for naming the world-class attractions in the heart of Belfast. As a bonus, you can submit artwork with your competition entry using #ColinAllCreatives which will be featured on our digital channels and promotional material.
The fun facts you must take into consideration!
Alpine Coaster (Entries from KS2 AGED 7-10 only)
The Alpine Coaster is located at the Top Station in our Forest Park! You will travel through the forest, twisting and turning, downhill and up, through tunnels and over the river, in and out of the trees – while you control the speed on this beautiful woodland course.
- 565 metres in length
- Downhill: 349 metres (Gradient 12.2%)
- Uphill: 216 metres (Gradient 19.7%)
- Curves: 22
- Twists & Tunnels: 22 twists and 2 tunnels
- Max Speed: 25mph/40kph
ZIPLINES (SHORT AND LONG)
Our TWO Dual Ziplines are located at the Top Station in our Forest Park! You will climb the tower to get in your starting position while hanging on for dear life as you zip down the line, taking in the mind-blowing views over the city and valley of County Down!
Dual Short Ziplines (Entries from KS3 AGE 11-14 only)
- 235-metres long with take off from 15-metre tower!
- Zipping over the Alpine Coaster and Mountain Bike trails at up to 40mph
- Landing at 5-metre tower.
Dual Long Ziplines (Entries from KS3 – AGE 11-14 only)
- 700-metres long with take off from 25-metre tower!
- Zipping over the Colin Glen forest park, Alpine Coaster Track, Mountain Bike trails and crossing the Colin River twice
- Zipping at up to 55mph and a 16% gradient!
Other things to consider (for brownie points!)
Colin Glen Trust is a charity borne from cross-community initiatives and a passion for boosting positivity and building opportunity. That’s why we’re so proud of what Colin Glen is and what it stands for.
Steeped in history, our forest park has many tales to tell from the Colin River, The Black Bull of Colin Glen, Divis & The Black Mountain, and much much more! Find out more about our history and heritage, which is very important to our local communities and employees and must be considered when naming our world-class attractions.
How do I enter?
- To win bragging rights for your school & a visit to our new attractions as a class (Winners can visit Colin Glen as a class late 2021/early 2022 – subject to COVID 19 restrictions) simply submit one name for our Alpine Coaster (KS2 P4-7 only) and two names for our Short Zipline and Long Ziplines (KS3 – Y8-10 only).
- As a parent or teacher, fill in the form below with your competition entry.
- Entries can be submitted by parents/children or by teachers. Entries can be submitted from individual pupils or as a class entry. Entrants must include the name and contact details of their school to verify entry.
- The competition closes Tuesday 23rd March 2021 at 5pm.
- Competition winner will be announced week commencing 29th March 2021.
- Colin Glen will check entries to ensure all T&C’s have been met (Please read before entering).
ENTER THE ALPINE COASTER KS2 (PRIMARY 4-7) COMPETITION
ENTER THE ZIP LINE KS3 (YEARS 8-10) COMPETITION
Terms & Conditions
- The #ColinAllCreatives competition is open to primary school children (Primary 4 to Primary 7) and secondary school children (Years 8 to 10).
- Entries must be submitted by individuals or by teachers on behalf of a class. Colin Glen will conduct thorough verification to ensure the information provided in the competition entry is correct.
- A winner will be selected by a panel of judges and will be based on creativity and the connection with Colin Glen’s history and heritage. Colin Glen reserve the right to change the winner selection at its sole discretion.
- The winner will visit Colin Glen with their entire class when attractions open again – Winners can visit Colin Glen as a class late 2021/early 2022, subject to COVID 19 restrictions.
- Winners will be contacted by email/telephone to confirm their prize before being shared across Colin Glen’s digital channels.
- The competition closes Tuesday 23rd March 2021 at 5pm, and winners will be announced week commencing 29th March 2021.
Entries will be checked to ensure all T&C’s have been met.