Colin Glen Terms and Conditions
Colin Glen is situated across two sites at 163 Stewartstown Rd, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 0HW (Forest Park) and 115 Blacks Rd, Belfast BT10 0NF (Leisure), 028 9061 4115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All persons entering Colin Glen (Forest Park and Leisure) do so subject to the following terms and conditions. Terms and Conditions are subject to change
We would like everyone visiting Colin Glen to enjoy their visit and would like to remind you that activities and access to our sites are subject to these terms and conditions.
Please note we operate in an outdoor environment, unfortunately we cannot predict the weather, we ask everyone to come prepared for the elements. Inclement weather is not a valid reason for rescheduling bookings!
- Online Booking for activities:
- Before booking an activity at Colin Glen, you will be required to set up a member account on our website. This account will store your contact details and can be used for repeat bookings and to view details of orders, memberships, etc.
- To secure your booking online, then we will ask for your credit or debit card details to complete the purchase and a “booking confirmation email” will be created and sent to you. Full payment will be debited, and your account statement will identify the transaction as “ColinGlen.org”. This payment gateway is provided by Stripe which is an SSL secure gateway.
- When securing a booking, your postal address will be required; this should be the billing address of the cardholder in cases where a resident discount is applied. You can only book our activities if you are at least 18 years old, although you can secure the booking on behalf of minors.
- We do not store any payment processing details; however, our payment partners Stripe may retain your details in line with their terms and conditions to provide refunds and answer payment related queries.
- All payments must be made in advance to secure the booking of any activity.
- Any discounts will be applied to the final checkout price.
- Deposits for group bookings of 25% (where applicable) must be paid to secure your booking and your remaining balance will be communicated 7 days before the activity date and must be paid before commencing the activity.
- Invoices must be paid within 30 days unless otherwise agreed with Colin Glen directly.
- Payment mandates for group bookings can be emailed directly to customers on request.
- Failed Payments:
- If a payment fails for a pre-booked activity, then users will be unable to avail of product booking until payment has been received.
- Those with outstanding debts will be unable to book any Colin Glen products or facilities until the debt is repaid.
- You will be notified by email (supplied at registration) if a payment has failed.
- We understand that failed payments can occur, and our team will work with users to help where possible that payments and subsequent product and/or booking are in place.
- All products are available to be booked as a single activity or within a packaged promotion price, these may be offered at a discounted rate, these discounted rates cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- If one or more products in a package are cancelled by you at any time, the remaining activities will be charged at the single activity price.
- If one or more of the activities are postponed for any reason by Colin Glen, the refund option of that activity will proportionate to the discounted package price.
- If one or more activities are postponed for any reason by Colin Glen, you will have an option to be refunded for this activity or to re-book it at no additional cost to another date.
- After making a group booking, group numbers are confirmed at this stage, if numbers reduce for any reason, any agreed group discount may become void and the price may be recalculated to reflect this.
5.(i) Amending or cancelling your individual booking
Colin Glen has a strict NO REFUND policy on all bookings, within reason. This policy is at the discretion of management. If a refund is granted a handling/service charge of £2.00 will apply on orders under £50.00 and £5.00 on orders above £50.00. Individual bookings are classed as those that can be booked as a single activity or packaged activity and available online only.
However, where possible a booking amendment can be rescheduled to a suitable date at no additional cost, customers are required to quote the original booking confirmation to amend the booking. NOTE: Colin Glen activities are outdoor, we operate in all weather, inclement weather is not a valid reason for rescheduling bookings.
If a booking amendment or refund is not possible, Electronic Gift Cards with the same value as the original spend can be issued for use against future visits to Colin Glen.
We require the following notice on any individual booking to enable us to accommodate changes:
- 72 hours notice for individual bookings in our Forest Park.
- 24 hours notice for driving range/ golf bookings.
- 7 days notice on all football pitch bookings.
5.(ii) Amending or Cancelling your group booking
Group bookings are classed as those made directly through our contact centre on 02890614115 or via email email@example.com. This allows us the flexibility to accommodate groups on our activities whilst still maintaining availability for individual bookings.
We require the following notice on any particular group booking to enable us to accommodate changes:
- 7 days notice for Small Groups (between 6-10 people)
- 14 days notice for Large Groups (11+ people)
5.(iii) Other important information for Group Bookings
1. Any additional changes to group numbers will be charged for before activity commences, subject to availability. This can be added to your original order.
2. Deposits paid for group bookings are non-refundable.
3. Outstanding balances for group bookings can be paid on arrival (depending on booking agreement) or invoiced directly and paid for within Colin Glen’s agreed terms and conditions.
4. Any agreed discounts are based on minimum group sizes. If minimum group size is not achieved, then Colin Glen will apply the relevant individual pricing tariffs on each activity.
6. (i) Prices Quoted
- Prices quoted will be current at the time of your booking, Colin Glen operates a dynamic pricing model and prices are subject to change at our absolute discretion.
6. (ii) What’s included in the price?
- The price in our Forest Park will include the activity, all necessary equipment and public liability insurance.
- The price in our Leisure complex will include booking for activity and time allocated.
- Equipment is available for rental at our Leisure site for example golf clubs, footballs etc.
6. (iii) What isn’t included?
- Price does not include personal insurance, snacks, lunch, beverages, optional activities and excursions and any other items not specifically mentioned as being included.
6. (iv) Discount requirements
- At times, we may offer discounted rates for Belfast ratepayers online using home and billing address postcode verification.
- We also offer bespoke discounts for partners and community groups, these are negotiated and agreed with Colin Glen directly.
- Bookings will be accepted based on information supplied by you at the time of booking. However, at our discretion, proof of any discount entitlement may be requested at any time during the fulfilment of the activity booked. Failure to produce required evidence upon request may result in the discount being withdrawn and payment being requested amounting to a difference between that which has already been paid and the full published price.
7. Late Arrival/ Timekeeping policy
- In the interests of other customers, we operate a strict timekeeping policy.
- We will endeavour to ensure instructor-led activity will finish on time, however, do sometimes run over up to fifteen (15) minutes, and cannot guarantee exact times due to delays in the rare instance that there are circumstances beyond our control.
- Golf Tee Times are outlined at the time of booking and should be strictly adhered to to ensure the smooth transition of golf parties.
- Driving range slots are available to book on an hourly or ½ hourly basis,football pitch bookings are available to book on an hourly basis, therefore customers are reminded that all play must stop at the outlined time and changeovers must be made promptly to facilitate other customers.
- Failing to arrive at or before the scheduled time will not entitle you to a refund. There will be no compensation paid for consequential losses, lost or additional travelling expenses, or other expenses of a similar nature.
- Our Alpine Coaster will have an automated camera system installed. During your visit, your image may be captured by one or more of these devices. By partaking in this activity, you accept that you may be filmed either for the production of stills or video. These images may be used within products such as commemorative photographs which are purchasable onsite at the Top station. Photos/Videos not used will be deleted.
- In the case of children under the age of 18, you accept and consent by making the Booking that still or video images of children will be taken during the reprography process.
- Many of our visitors will also be capturing video and photographs whilst on both sites by the use of personal devices. You understand and accept that we are not responsible for the use of any images of you that may be captured in this way
- Full legal responsibility for any child or children in your group lies with the Supervising Adult. The Supervising adult must sign any activity or medical on behalf of the child/children. The supervising adult may or may not participate in each activity but must be present at all times. Please see below the requirements for Supervising and Participating Adults for each activity;
- SKYtrek; the minimum age for the Low Ropes is 5 years old, Children aged between 5-12 years old must be accompanied by 1 Participating Adult for every 7 children. Children aged between 13-18 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children.
- The minimum reach requirement for the High Ropes is 140 cm. Children aged between 5-12 years old must be accompanied by 1 Participating Adult for every 7 children. Children aged between 13-18 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children.
- Archery; Children aged between 5-12 years old must be accompanied by 1 Participating Adult for every 7 children. Children aged between 13-18 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children.
- Laser tag; Children aged between 5-12 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 7 children. Children aged between 13-18 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children.
- Alpine Coaster; Children aged between 3-7 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 1 child. Children aged between 8-18 years old must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children.
- Zip-lines; Children aged between 6 and 12 years must be accompanied by 1 Participating Adult for every 3 children. Children aged between 13 and 15 years must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 7 children. Children aged 16 and 17 years must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children. There may also be a Height restriction regardless of age. Weight restrictions apply, only those participants between 25 kg and 120 kg can take part in this activity.
- Mountain biking; Children aged between 8 and 12 years must be accompanied by 1 Participating Adult for every 7 children. Children aged between 13 and 15 years must be accompanied by 1 supervising adult for every 7 children. Children aged 16 and 17 years must be accompanied by 1 Supervising Adult for every 12 children.
- Golf course/ Driving Range; children under 12 must be accompanied by 1 participating adult.
- Dome and pitches: children using the dome and pitches must be supervised by a parent/ guardian or coach at all times.
2. All first-time Participants and Supervising Adults will be asked to attend a short safety briefing depending on the activity booked.
- Where possible we will do all that we can to reasonably accommodate users.
- For some activities, unfortunately, we may be unable to offer special or modified activities to accommodate disabled customers requiring a wheelchair or other such mobility assistance.
- We reserve the right to decline participation in any activity based on a pre-existing medical condition which must be disclosed to us in the booking form or at the time of the booking via phone or email.
11. Pet animals
- Pet animals are permitted at Colin Glen, however pet animals must at all times remain under the control of the owner or person accompanying them. If any of our staff in their absolute discretion directs that the pet must be removed from our site, then you must comply with this request which may be made based on lack of control, animal welfare, or hygiene.
12. Alcohol and non-prescribed drugs
- The consumption and use of alcohol and non-prescribed drugs are always strictly prohibited at Colin Glen .
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any person who is considered under the influence of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs both to the park and activities.
- Smoking or Vaping is not permitted at any time whilst participating in an activity or when our equipment is in use.
- Colin Glen has appropriate public and employer liability insurance.
- Personal insurance against injury, theft, loss or any other event is not included, and you must arrange for such cover, if required, to be in place
- Colin Glen is not responsible for and accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused to any vehicle belonging to you or any member of your party or the contents therein when the vehicle is parked on any of our Sites.
- If you or any participant deposits personal possessions, items of clothing, or any other property with an employee or a third party on any of our Sites then they do so at their own risk. Colin Glen will not be responsible for any loss or damage to these items however caused. As you will be participating in physical activity, we cannot accept liability for any damage to any items of clothing, footwear etc.
15. Medical waiver:
Depending on activity, it will be necessary to confirm your ability to take part. For individual bookings, this is required to be confirmed by the lead person on booking before payment can be taken. For group bookings this will be emailed to the lead person for the group booking and is to be completed prior to activity commences. Anyone with a previous medical history of heart complaints or who is pregnant cannot take part in some activities.
- Colin Glen reserves the right to cancel a booking or stop activity in progress. Reasons for cancellation or stop booking may include, but without limitation:
- Violent, racist or verbal abuse towards any person on any of our sites;
- Failure to comply with the laws of Northern Ireland;
- Refusal or failure to complete the acknowledgement of Risk and Conditions of Participation form;
- Refusal or failure to provide suitable evidence of ability to partake in any activity;
- Refusal to supply medical evidence or suitability to partake in an activity;
- Refusal or failure to pay the correct fee for an activity
17. Events outside of our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under an agreement that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An Event Outside Our Control is defined as any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, Police intervention, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, pandemic/ epidemic or natural disaster or the follow on consequences of either, or failure of public/ private telecommunications impacting on our operation.
- Any bookings that are affected by events outside of our control can be transferable at no additional cost, or if unable to transfer, Gift Card Vouchers, for use at a later date may be issued.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this Agreement:
- We will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- Our obligations under an Agreement will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
18. Data Handling- GDPR
- To provide our activities, we collect data about individuals, usually within a business context. We treat all data which identifies an individual or when combined with any other information can identify an individual as personal data.
- Unless otherwise stated at the time of collection, we will be defined as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. This means that we control what happens to and what is done with this data that is in our possession.
- We collect various personal data which may include but are not limited to name, address, email, phone number, age, medical conditions and allergies along with any other information relevant to your booking.
- We will never collect any data from you that is not required to provide your adventure or for a legal obligation. It may also be necessary to collect additional details from you should an accident occur whilst on site. These details will be retained in line with our obligations under UK law and our insurances. The required retention period for this data varies depending on the individual.
- We will endeavour to provide details of any processing including any third parties that may have access to your data and the location of the processing whenever we ask you to provide information.
- Personal data that we process directly is typically managed through our booking management system and other third-party providers. We use third-party software to help manage our records and stay in touch with customers. Details of this software will be given where appropriate when we collect information from you.
- Should you have any questions about how we handle your data or wish to update any information that we hold about you, please visit our Privacy Statement or get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any disputes or complaints must be brought to the attention of Colin Glen in writing within fourteen (14) days from the occurrence which gave rise to the complaint/dispute
- On receipt, Colin Glen will respond within 14 days in writing. Colin Glen will endeavour to investigate and resolve such a dispute or complaint.
20. Membership Terms:
- By agreeing to sign up for our membership, you agree to the overall terms and conditions of Colin Glen. This includes the Rules and Etiquette relevant to your chosen activity.
- Leisure, Standard and Senior Memberships only will be granted additional benefits including GUI membership and additional discounts for other products.
- Restrictions may apply to other membership categories, specifically special offer memberships such as 1 month and Summer 3-month membership. Contact the Leisure Team to seek clarification on time restrictions as these can change seasonally.
- Upon signing up for a membership, you will be given a membership card free of charge.
- All members will be required to produce membership cards before entering the course or driving range to verify identity.
- Replacement cards will be charged at £5 per card.
- Breach of Rules and Etiquette outlined in section 25 may result in the removal of your membership.
21. Lump Sum Payment Option
- Your Membership package will begin on the day of your initial membership application (provided we receive payment).
- Full upfront payment will be taken upon completion of the application and will be reflective of your membership length (1,2, 3, or 12 month upfront payment).
- For existing members, any discounts applied and carried over will be dependent on the renewal of membership within 1 month of the renewal date.
- Customers will receive notification of renewal 14 days before renewal is due.
- When a membership expires, the customer must renew membership online via the subscription area in their online account.
22. Monthly Payment Option:
- Colin Glen offers a monthly recurring payment option for full annual memberships only. Your Membership package will begin on the day of your initial membership application with the agreement in place for 12 months.
- An initial one-month payment will be made upfront, with a further 11 monthly payments taken via the card details provided in your membership application.
- Failed payments are outlined in section 4. If you do not pay your membership fee when it is due, you will be notified automatically via email. Automated payment retries will be attempted at 3 separate 12 hr intervals over 72 hours and a further 3 separate intervals over the next 3 days.
- It is your responsibility to add new payment details or to contact us to arrange a new payment method as soon as possible. Members can also log in and select “pay” against the failed order and arrange a new payment method for your next monthly payment.
- If no payment has been made after 72 hours, the subscription is on hold and the user will be unable to avail of booking privileges and discounts. We allow a 5-day window (beyond the 72 hours) in which a customer can make the outstanding payment and continue with their original membership. Beyond this period, the customer will have to start a new membership subscription.
- For those on a 12-month monthly membership – 2 or more failed payments (as outlined above) over a membership term – you will no longer be entitled to avail of the monthly membership payment option. You will have to contact the team at Colin Glen to arrange an Annual Lump-sum membership.
- Lapsed payment- for those customers on a monthly membership who have lapsed payment with months in arrears, they must speak to Colin Glen management to arrange a continuation or set up of membership.
- Customers will receive notification of renewal 14 days before renewal is due
23. Cancellation or Amendments to Membership:
- In exceptional circumstances such as injury, ill-health, or pregnancy, Colin Glen (at its sole discretion) may agree to refund and therefore terminate any remaining part of a membership with reasonable documented evidence.
- Membership fees and other fees are reviewed periodically. Subscription charges are as posted and may be varied by the management without notice. Automatic payment subscribers will be given at least 30 days’ written notice of any changes to the email address provided by the member.
- Membership cancellation, changes, or freeze of payment must be agreed with Colin Glen Leisure Complex Manager.
- Changes to membership within your membership term, for example moving from Standard to Student Membership (monthly payments plan only) will require 1 calendar months’ notice to enable changes to be implemented accompanied with the appropriate documentation.
- Discounted memberships (Student, Senior and Junior) will require documentation to avail of the reduced rate membership package:
- Student- valid in-date student I.D
- Senior and Junior- photographic I.D
- The above forms of I.D will be required for Student and Junior membership renewals
24. Membership benefits:
- Colin Glen Leisure and Golf membership both allow access to several benefits including the ability to pre-book tee times online.
- Members can only book individual times for their own account. Members are entitled to book one tee time at a given time, we do not permit members to book tee times on other members’ behalf.
- You can book up to two tee times in one day, with a 2-hour window between tee time booking to allow for the first 9 holes to be complete.
- Members can change or cancel tee times up to one hour before their booking. Colin Glen monitors this and persistent cancellation and changes could lead to your membership benefits being paused for 7 days.
- Members must have a current in-date subscription to secure tee times.
- Tee time bookings are in high demand and we want to ensure all our members get full access at times that suit their needs. With this in mind, we monitor tee time attendance and any member found to be abusing this system may have tee time booking rights removed entirely.
- We recommend that members should arrive at least 15 minutes before they are due to tee off to check-in at Colin Glen reception.
- Booking a 4 ball- a member can book tee times for up to 3 other slots via the booking system. This includes members and guests. Payment for guests will need to pay via member account
- We recommend that members should arrive at least 15 minutes before they are due to tee off to check-in at Colin Glen reception.
- Booking a 4 ball- a member can book tee times for up to 3 other slots via booking system. This includes members and guests. Payment for guests will need to paid via member account
25. Rules and Etiquette
Important COVID 19 Adjustments:
The team at Colin Glen has put in place several adjustments to ensure that our customers and staff can book and enjoy activities safely.
For the most up to date information on bookings and adjustments in relation to COVID 19 please click here
Dome and Pitches
- The dome must only be entered and exited by the main revolving door.
- Fire exits must only be opened in the case of an emergency.
- In the event of an accident requiring further medical attention, please inform the staff on duty.
- Booked times must be strictly adhered to, all play must end promptly. We advise that bookers arrive 15 minutes before their booking time and that you must leave when booking time is up
- Children’s groups should be supervised at all times, at an adult/child ratio of supervision suitable for the requirements of the activity taking place and by at least one adult arranged by the Hirer. This includes their arrival and departure and may, therefore, be outside the booked times. Unless specially requested and booked, the hire does not include any equipment other than goal posts.
- To help protect the surface – the management draws your attention to the following – Only clean training-type footwear with dimples not exceeding 5mm and moulded studs are to be worn. Blades and rigid blade style of boot or metal studs will not be permitted onto the surface.
- Footwear – must be worn by all players.
- No food/ drink, chewing gum, smoking/ vaping, or pets are allowed on the pitch or its surroundings.
- Players – must not play at the side of the pitch or on surrounding areas.
- Payment – all payments for booking must be paid for in advance, or on receipt of an invoice from Colin Glen.
- Colin Glen reserves the right to close or prohibit the use of any of its facilities if at any time in its own opinion the facilities are or will be unfit for use. In such cases, no charges will be due and the Hirer will receive a refund of any fees prepaid.
- Colin Glen will not be held responsible for any financial or other loss arising as a result of such withdrawal of facilities.
- In the case of cancellation of a booking by the Hirer, Colin Glen requires at least 7 days’ notice. If the notice hasn’t been given, the Hirer shall be liable for the hiring fee.
- Damage – the Hirer agrees to pay Colin Glen, on demand the cost of repairing or making good any damage to the pitch, to the buildings or to the furniture, equipment and effects therein which may be damaged or destroyed by or in consequence of the booking.
- Admissions – Colin Glen, reserves the right at its absolute discretion to refuse the admission of or to evict any person from the pitch or Sports Centre.
- Strictly one person in the bay at all times. Other users can use the space on the outside of the bay, including the stools provided.
- Do not cross the red line to retrieve golf balls as the sensor alarm will be sounded.
- No irons to be hit off tees.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted within our Driving Range.
- Alcoholic drinks are not permitted.
- Only swing golf clubs within the bays.
- Only use heaters when necessary.
- Treat touch screens with respect, only use hands to select applications.
- No shouting.
- No running.
- Use bins provided
- Seek attendants help for any technical assistance.
Failure to comply with the rules outlined may lead to you being asked to leave the facilities with no refund given
- Maximum of four players per group (up until the 28th June, we can only offer three players)
- Each player must have a bag/clubs
- Children under 11 must be accompanied by an adult
- Replace all divots and pitch marks on green
- Players are not allowed to enter private property areas to retrieve golf balls
- Trolleys and buggies are not allowed on tees
- Players taking excessive time to complete the course will be cautioned or asked to leave the course. Slower players are asked to give way if they are holding up play for golfers behind them
- All players must play from the markers specified at each hole and commence the round from the 1st Tee only when playing 18 Holes (until the 28th June, we can only offer 9 holes)
- Colin Glen Golf Course will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to vehicles parked in the car park or valuables left in parked cars.
- Mobile phones are permitted on the course but must be on silent and must not interfere with the gameplay of other golfers on the course.
- The use of cigarettes and e-cigarettes is banned
- No alcohol is to be consumed on the Course
- Dogs are not allowed on the Course
ALL GOLFERS ARE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE THE ON COURSE DRESS CODE
- The following Items of Dress are NOT PERMITTED:
- Denim jeans. *
- Sleeveless and collarless shirts. ** (ladies excepted)
- Sweaters without shirts. **
- Garments displaying slogans.
- Sports shirts in team colours, i.e. football/rugby etc.
- Track or Leisure suits. **
- Shorts other than tailored shorts. **
- (For example, sports, beach, cargo shorts, are not acceptable)
- Trouser legs tucked into socks.
- Shirts not tucked inside trousers
- Trainers or runners
25. The wearing of tailored shorts must be accompanied by either knee-length socks or white sports ankle socks
26. Course footwear is unacceptable within the clubhouse, except in changing rooms and their environs.
- Members must always consider other members’ rights and privileges while he/she is training;
- Always paying his/her membership dues upon each visit
- Always printing his/her first and last names legibly on the sign-in sheet when he/she uses the facility;
- Always unloading all bars and machines when he/she is through using them and replacing all weight plates on their proper racks;
- Always replacing barbells and dumbbells on their proper racks at the end of each set;
- Always follow directions on the proper use of the training equipment and asking for directions when necessary;
- Never placing weight plates on the floor;
- Never banging dumbbells together when doing flies or other exercises;
- Never dropping dumbbells or barbells on the floor;
- Always disposing of rubbish in the proper places;
- Always treating members and staff with fullest respect and courtesy at all times;
- Always accepting fullest responsibility for any damage done to equipment due to misuse of the equipment
- Always clean equipment after use.
COPYRIGHT © 2020 Colin Glen
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Notice: No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and recording, or stored in a database or retrieval system for any purpose without the express written permission Colin Glen. Colin Glen reserves the right to make changes to this document at any time without notice and assumes no responsibility for its use. Colin Glen products and services can only be ordered under the terms and conditions of Colin Glen’s applicable agreements. All of the features described in this document may not be currently available. This document contains the most current information available at the time of publication. When new and/or revised information becomes available, this entire document will be updated and distributed to all registered users.