This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with the website, https://www.colinglen.org.
This statement is to inform you about how we collect your personal information and to explain in particular how your personal information is processed when you use our website.
Colin Glen is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to comply with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2003.
By visiting our website, users are accepting and consenting to the terms and conditions as described in this policy. For the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2003, as amended (the “DPA”), the data controller of personal data processed and collected using this website is Colin Glen of 163 Stewartstown Rd, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 0HW.
Our website offers general information on our range of services across both sites. The terms governing the general use of our website are set out in our Terms and Conditions. By using this website, you are deemed to accept this Privacy Statement and our Terms and Conditions.
Collection of personal data
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information such as your name, email address, residential address and date of birth and when subscribing to our newsletter.
- If you contact Colin Glen, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our website including traffic data, weblogs, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This information is aggregated and anonymised and is only used for administering our website and for testing purposes.
- Credit card information for booking purposes only.
Uses made of the information collected
If you provide Colin Glen with your details, we may use these together with details of how you use or visit our website as follows:
- To manage and improve our services and the website
- To respond to queries through contact forms
- Allow you to access to certain features within your personal account if you have registered via our email subscription
- If consent is received, data will be collected for marketing purposes – data will be processed by Colin Glen and any required additional third-party supplies used to send email newsletters.
- To understand analytics including and not limited to browsing actions and patterns which do not personally identify you.
- To send any relevant follow-up documentation including requests for feedback and information along with communicating any problems with bookings including cancellations and delays.
- Data collected at Colin Glen sites – data may be processed by Colin Glen and any required additional third-party supplies as necessary.
Unless you don’t want us to, we may use your email address to tell you about other things happening at Colin Glen, like upcoming events. If you want to opt out of receiving this information, please email us at email@example.com.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, by submitting your email address through our dedicated form, you may wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please unsubscribe using the link available on all email correspondence. If you experience difficulties, please contact us using the information provided below.
We use a third-party service provide to process and store user data. This includes MailChimp which we use to manage email marketing subscriber lists and send promotional emails to our subscribers.
We may photograph and video our events/activities for advertising and promotional purposes. We might also stream our activities live online. If you have any concerns about this, please do talk to us and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of personal data
Colin Glen cannot warranty the security of any information that you share with us through the internet, as no data transferred through the internet can be guaranteed as being 100% secure.
Any such transmission is completed at your own risk. Colin Glen will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and will use all necessary security procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Contracts for the supply of services formed through our website are governed by our terms and conditions of sale. If you book directly on our website, we will ask for credit/debit card details to complete the purchase and a booking confirmation email will be created and sent to you.
We do not store any payment processing details; however, our payment partners may retain your details in line with their terms and conditions for the purpose of providing refunds and answering payment related queries. For further details on how payments are processed please contact us by telephone on 028 9061 4115 or via email at email@example.com.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will normally keep your personal data only for as long as we need it to help us do the thing, we needed the data for (e.g. to let you attend our events and to deal with any follow up administration issues). In any event, we will not keep your personal data for longer than 2 years after the end of the year on which we collect that data.
We employee cookie technology to help identify visitors to our website as well as to enable certain functions of our web services such as logging in to a secure account. Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. A number of cookies may be created when you visit Colin Glen’s website.
Technical cookies are cookies required for the operation of our website. For example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and to use a shopping basket. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
Performance cookies will be used on our website, these cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use Facebook pixels on our site to track conversions from our Facebook advertising.
Targeting cookies will be used to tailor marketing to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. These cookies remember your website visits and is shared with organisations such as advertisers.
Colin Glen will never request consent from or market to anybody under the age of 16. Should an activity require details of any person under the age of 16, these details must be provided by a parent or legal guardian.
If you have any questions, requests or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us using the following information:
Address: Colin Glen, 163 Stewartstown Rd, Dunmurry, Belfast BT17 0HW
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may change our Privacy Statement from time to time in line with legislation and industry standards. We will not be explicitly notifying all website users about these changes and therefore recommend that you check this statement occasionally for any policy changes.
This Privacy Statement is available to all interested parties.
This statement was last modified on 31st March 2020.