Nature, History and Heritage walks
- Suitable for walking/ rambling groups.
- Available for small or large groups.
- Children are welcome, accompanying children are charged at a reduced rate.
- It is necessary to record and charge all attendees due to new safety measures in place.
- Prams are welcome, although there are some steep path inclines.
Come and join Paul Bennett, our Park Ranger, on our Nature, History and Heritage walk
Sessions are Monday’s initially at 11 am.
The heritage walk is a circular stroll around the forest park, crossing 5 bridges and picking up on our 4 identified trails, ‘Tom of the Tae End’, ‘Englishtown’, ‘BallyCullo’ and ‘Hannahstown’.
What you will learn;
- The Colin River’s role in the Belfast linen industry in 18th and 19th century.
- The cultural heritage of the Colin Glen and Belfast Hills.
- The Treelore, folklore and the myths of Colin Glen.
- The unique geology of Colin Glen, with reference to specific dinosaurs and fossils found in the park.
- The wonderful nature that can be found within the park.
This is an outdoor walking activity lasting approx 2 hours, however in light of COVID 19, we have made some adjustments to ensure everyone’s safety, these include:
- An initial reduced capacity of up to 25 per session.
- Hand sanitiser freely available throughout our Forest Park buildings.
- Toilets, cafe and refreshments are available on site.
- We respectfully advise all our customers to follow the relevant public health notices including, where possible, face coverings whilst indoors.
Before You BookChildren must be accompanied by an adultSuitable for average walkers, some hill sections on routeWear suitable protective clothing and walking boots
Supervision for under 18’s: All children under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
This activity is located at our Forest Park Site
Colin Glen Forest Park is a beautiful woodland river glen located on the edge of the Belfast Hills.
It has been described as Belfast’s ‘Green Lung’, and is located to the Southwest of Belfast City Centre, one mile north west of Dunmurry Village, with convenient access from the M1.Find Us
Book your Birthday Party at Colin Glen
Birthday Parties at Colin Glen offer a wealth of activities that are ideal to help you celebrate with your friends.
With qualified, friendly, and helpful facilitators & instructors – let us make your party one to remember!More Info